Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient at Hamilton Community Health Network, you have the following rights and responsibilities:
- You have a right to considerate and respectful care.
- You have the right to high quality health care from clinicians who are experienced and trained to meet your medical needs.
- You have the right to a reasonable response to your requests for treatment.
- You have a right to confidential treatment.
- You have a right to full information about your medical condition.
- You have the right to information compiled in your medical record.
- You have the right, and are encouraged, to participate in decisions about your treatment.
- You have a right to care that respects your social, religious and cultural values.
- You have the right to accept or refuse treatment.
- You have the right to be informed of any research that could affect your care.
- You have the right to know the professional experience and certification of our medical providers, our accreditation status and other measures of quality.
- You have a right to affordable health care and information about our operation.
- You have a right to influence the operation of Hamilton Community Health Network health centers through a board of directors who represent the communities we serve.
- You have the right to information about the health plans used by Hamilton Community Health Network.
- You have the right to be informed and to consent in writing to diagnostic or surgical procedures performed by Hamilton Community Health Network health centers medical staff.
- You have the right to be informed of advance directives, receive assistance with their formulation and have them implemented properly at Hamilton Community Health Network health centers.
- You have the right to receive appropriate, clinically approved methods to alleviate pain when those methods are available, necessary and meet your health needs.
- You have the right to choose a health plan that offers a full range of health care services.
- You have a right to a fair and efficient process for resolving differences with Hamilton Community Health Network health centers ant to be informed of the grievance procedures used by health plans in which we participate.
- Your guardian, next of kin, or legally authorized responsible person can exercise your rights for you if you are unable to participate.
- Involvement in their health care decisions;
- Work collaboratively with health care providers in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans;
- Clearly communicate health care needs;
- Disclose requested financial information and pay for services per Hamilton Community Health Network policies;
- Utilize Hamilton Community Health Networks’ internal patient complaint and appeal process to address care and/or billing concerns;
- Avoid knowingly spreading disease;
- Recognize the risks and limits contained within the science of medicine;
- Be aware of the obligation of health care providers to provide reasonably efficient, equitable, and quality care to our community;
- Respect towards other patients and the community while accessing health care services at Hamilton Community Health Network;
- Respect towards health care workers and support staff of Hamilton Community Health Network;
- Abide by the administrative and operational policies of health plans, health care providers and government health benefit programs;
- Report wrongdoing and fraud to appropriate personnel or legal authorities.
For patient or visitor info, reach out to us.
Call us: (810) 406-HCHN
My son-in-law was in excruciating pain from a dental condition and needed an emergency extraction, but he and my daughter did not have health insurance. He went to Hamilton and they took him right away, provided him with the proper anesthesia and gave excellent follow-up care. The people at Hamilton treated him like he was important, giving him compassionate, expedient, quality care. They treat everyone with respect at Hamilton Community Health Network.