During this time, Hamilton Community Health Network wants to reassure you that we are taking all necessary precautions to keeping our clinics and facilities safe! Over the past few months we have created specific procedures and processes that all staff, faculty and employees are adhering to on a daily basis, creating safer practices and more patient friendly environments. We are committed to keeping patients safe and are taking the following steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our patients and staff.
Patient Symptom Monitoring
- We are prepared to quickly identify and separate patients and families with symptoms of COVID-19. All patients and visitors will be screened upon entry to the facility and instructed to continue wearing a mask.
- We are restricting visitor access to only those who are essential for the patient’s care. Visitors will be screened for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entry. Visitors will be asked to wear their cloth face covering and limit their movement in the facility.
Staff Symptom Monitoring
- We are monitoring all staff for symptoms of COVID-19. We are instructing staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) to stay home and not come to work.
- We are continuing our routine cleaning and disinfection procedures as these procedures are recommended for protecting patients from COVID-19 in health centers. Any surface, supplies, or equipment located within the patient area will continue to be disinfected or discarded between patients.
Extra Staff Training
- We are providing extra training for staff about the importance of hand hygiene, face masks, respiratory hygiene, proper use of PPE, cough etiquette and cleaning protocols.
- We are encouraging patients and staff to share all questions and concerns related to COVID-19. Don’t be afraid to use your voice. It is okay to ask staff questions about treatment changes and ways to protect yourself and your family.