Hamilton Community Health Network is committed to keeping our patients healthy and safe during this time of uncertainty. Currently, Hamilton has instituted a policy where we are asking our patients who have traveled in the last 30 days or who are showing signs of an illness to call our main number, tell the operator your symptoms. The operator will connect with licensed medical personnel and let you know your next step.
Signs of the Coronavirus/COVID 19 to be aware of:
- Sore Throat
If you have any of the above signs and come to a clinic we ask you wear a mask if you have one or immediately inform the security guard and/or the front desk of your symptoms and put on a mask.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid contact with sick people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
If you live with or come in close contact with people who have exiting medical conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, HIV, etc. be sure to:
- Wash your hands often, particularly after contact with high-touch surfaces.
- Avoid crowds and closed-in settings with little air ventilation as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones, and light switches.
- Provide a protected space for those individuals and have healthy people conduct themselves as if they were a significant risk to those individuals.
- Have a plan for if you get sick, and stay in touch with others by phone or email.
- Watch for symptoms and emergency warning signs that require immediate medical attention.
Lastly, if you have traveled in the last 30 days or have symptoms which include cough, sneeze, fever, sore throat, call your healthcare provider before entering any medical facility, and if asked to come in for treatment wear a mask upon arrival and follow all directives given to you by your healthcare provider.
For more information on preventative measures, contact Hamilton Community Health Network at